Patriot Law Firm provides a full range of services for the registration of a representative office of a foreign company.
Call Us: +38 095 940-20-20 +38 044 578-10-51
Registration of a representative office of a foreign company
Registration of the representative office of a foreign company in Ukraine is carried out by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
Documents required for registration of the foreign representative office are as follows:
1) An application for registration of the representative office shall be made in no particular format, in which it is necessary to indicate:
- the name of the foreign business entity
- the country of origin of the foreign business entity
- the location of the foreign business entity
- telephone number, fax number
- the city, in which the representative office will be opened with its future location (address)
- if branches are expected – indicate in which cities
- the number of foreign citizens, who will work in the representative office
- date of establishment of the foreign business entity
- form of incorporation of the foreign business entity
- number of employees of the foreign business entity
- name of the bank, including the account number
- scope of activity of the foreign business entity
- the purpose of opening and scope of activity of the representative office, information on business relations with Ukrainian partners and prospects for development of cooperation
2) An extract from a commercial (banking) register of the country, where the main corporate body of the foreign business entity is officially registered.
3) A certificate from the bank, in which the account of the foreign business entity is opened.
4) A power of attorney for the performance of representative functions in Ukraine, drawn up in accordance with the laws of the country, where the foreign business entity is officially registered.
5) Minutes on the establishment of the representative office in Ukraine and the appointment of its director.
6) A copy of the passport and the tax identification number of the director of the representative office.
7) The lease agreement of the representative office’s seat.
8) A power of attorney from the main representative office is issued for the employee of our firm with the purpose of representing our interests in the registration authorities.
The above-mentioned documents shall be notarized at the place of their issuance, legalized properly in consular offices representing the interests of Ukraine, unless otherwise stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine, and accompanied by a translation into the Ukrainian language, which is certified by the translator’s seal.
If the opening of representative offices in the territory of Ukraine requires special authorisation from the state authorities of the company’s country of location, a copy of such an authorisation, certified in accordance with all the rules, shall be attached with a list of documents for registration.
There can two types of representative office:
1) If the representative office of a foreign entity does not carry out business activity, in that case:
- The representative office will not be a payer of corporate income tax.
- There is no need to register with the relevant tax authority of Ukraine.
- In the bank, it is necessary to open a type “N” account, funds from which will be used only for the maintenance of the representative office (payment of salaries, office maintenance, etc.).
2) If the foreign representative office intends to carry out business activity, it is necessary:
- To register with the tax authority and obtain the status of a permanent representative office.
- Such a representative office will be a payer of corporate income tax.
- Among its types of activity, commercial ones shall be listed (for example, manufacturing, trade, etc.).
- In the bank, it is necessary to open a type “P” account, the funds from which can be used, including for carrying out business activity.
Documents shall be submitted to the Ministry no later than 6 months from the date of their issue in the country of the foreign business entity’s location.
When accepting documents for registration, the applicant is given an account number for payment of the state fee of 2,500 USD.
In case of registration of a representative office of a foreign business entity, the applicant is issued a Certificate with the appropriate number.
Data on registration is entered in the Register of Representative Offices, which is maintained by the Ministry.
After obtaining the Certificate, it is necessary to contact the local statistical office to have the representative office included in
the Unified State Register of Enterprises, Organizations and Institutions (EDRPOU) and obtain an appropriate certificate of inclusion in the EDRPOU.
Registration of a foreign representative office by the Law Firm PATRIOT takes up to 60 business days from the date of submission of all the necessary documents.